vendredi 27 novembre 2015

How to setup if-statement with multiple conditions, which uses the valid condition's variable in the if-statement?

Okay, that title will sound a bit crazy. I have an object, which I build from a bunch of inputs (from the user). I set them according to their value received, but sometimes they are not set at all, which makes them null. What I really want to do, it make an item generator for WoW. The items can have multiple attributes, which all look the same to the user. Here is my example:

+3 Agility
+5 Stamina
+10 Dodge

In theory, that should just grab my object's property name and key value, then output it in the same fashion. However, how do I setup that if-statement?

Here is what my current if-statement MADNESS looks like:

if(property == "agility") {
    text = "+" + text + " Agility";
}
if(property == "stamina") {
    text = "+" + text + " Stamina";
}
if(property == "dodge") {
    text = "+" + text + " Dodge";
}

You get that point right? In WoW there are A TON of attributes, so it would suck that I would have to create an if-statement for each, because there are simply too many. It's basically repeating itself, but still using the property name all the way. Here is what my JSFiddle looks like: http://ift.tt/1TclvHz so you can play with it yourself. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh by the way, what I want to do is something like this:

if(property == "agility" || property == "stamina" || ....) {
    text = "+" + text + " " + THE_ABOVE_VARIABLE_WHICH_IS_TRUE;
}

Which is hacky as well. I definitely don't want that.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire