jeudi 31 janvier 2019

I need to compare text fields and bring numeric (value) results depending on the matching

I have a base sheet where I have a drop-down using 4 text options (ALIVE, DEAD, WALKER, NON-WALKER) - This is for a GoT Deadpool game.

I will create a new sheet for each player who joins with the same options. Then I need to compare his choices to the baseline on the first sheet and return the following matches: If both are ALIVE - return the number 1 (for 1 point) If both are DEAD - return the number 1 again If both are WALKER - return 2 but if it differs return -1 (a point is taken) If both are NON-WALKER - results are same as the above for WALKER

Quoting the official rules for better understanding: "If you predict the character dead, you have the option to predict if they become a White Walker. Gain one point if you correctly predict if they become a Walker. Lose a point if you predict incorrectly."

How can I do that? Which formula to use?

Thank you in advance, people!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire