lundi 27 mai 2019

Question about recoding categorical variables in R

Very green R user here. I have to categorical variables: One is, committee crime against child or has mental health issues (dichotomous, 1= crime and 0 = mental health) and committed crime against child or has substance abuse issues (dichotomous, 1= crime and 0 = substance abuse). I'd like to combine these groups so I will have a dichotomous, crime against child and mental health or substance abuse group. What would be the best way to do this? I have been playing around with "if" statements but to no avail.

I have been playing around with "if" statements but to no avail. I want to make a new variable in my dataset (com) that combines crime against child (1) and mental health/substance abuse (0)

x$com <- if(x$Group.finalCvsM == 1) {
  x$com("1") }
  if(x$Group.finalCvsS == 1) {
    x$com("1") }
  if(x$Group.finalCvsM == 0) {
    x$com("0") }
    if(x$Group.finalCvsS == 0) {
      x$com("0") }

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire