mercredi 26 février 2020

In too deep. Mixing If with And statements. Do I need an array?

I find myself deep in the Excel rabbit hole and I can't get out.

Column A has values; Column B has a drop-down list (3 items). Cells K1:M10 also have values.

I am trying to write a formula that says:

If A1 is 1 AND B2 has dropdown value "Name1" then insert K1. If A1 is >1 AND B2 has dropdown value of "Name1" then Sum K1:K10.

If A1 1 AND B2 has dropdown value "Name2" then insert L1. If A1 is >1 AND B2 has dropdown value of "Name2" then Sum L1:L10.

If A1 1 AND B2 has dropdown value "Name3" then insert M1. If A1 is >1 AND B2 has dropdown value of "Name3" then Sum M1:M10.

I have figured out pieces of this (I have a formula working for each pair of lines above) but I can't seem to put it all together successfully.

I'm afraid I'm in over my head. Can anyone offer help? Do I need to learn about arrays?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire