I am trying to collect information about months regarding how far apart they are in regards to dates.
I begin by letting the User input what month they want to use.
Scanner uMonth = new Scanner(System.in);
String tMonth = uMonth.next();
if (tMonth.equals("January")){
int eMonth = 1;
}else if (tMonth.equals("February")){
int eMonth = 2;
}else if (tMonth.equals("March")){
int eMonth = 3;
}else if (tMonth.equals("April")){
int eMonth = 4;
}else if (tMonth.equals("May")){
int eMonth = 5;
}else if (tMonth.equals("June")){
int eMonth = 6;
}else if (tMonth.equals("July")){
int eMonth = 7;
}else if (tMonth.equals("August")){
int eMonth = 8;
}else if (tMonth.equals("September")){
int eMonth = 9;
}else if (tMonth.equals("October")){
int eMonth = 10;
}else if (tMonth.equals("November")){
int eMonth = 11;
}else if (tMonth.equals("December")){
int eMonth = 12;
Then the same for a second date except I use a new Scanner and use tMonth2 and uMonth2 for the next variables.
My problem comes when I try to use the eMonth variable outside of the loop.
int finalMonths = int(eMonth - eMonth2);{
if (finalMonths < 0);
finalMonths = (eMonth2 - eMonth);
Is there something I'm missing? Can I not use variables from inside a loop? Is there some extra step I'm missing?
Thanks.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire