mercredi 25 février 2015

If Else condition on python

I am trying to place a condition after the for loop. It will print the word available if the retrieved rows is not equal to zero, however if I would be entering a value which is not stored in my database, it will return a message. My problem here is that, if I'd be inputting value that isn't stored on my database, it would not go to the else statement. I'm new to this. What would be my mistake in this function?



def search(title):
query = "SELECT * FROM books WHERE title = %s"
entry = (title,)

try:
conn = mysql.connector.connect(user='root', password='', database='python_mysql') # connect to the database server
cursor = conn.cursor()

cursor.execute(query, entry)
rows = cursor.fetchall()

for row in rows:
if row != 0:
print('Available')
else:
print('No available copies of the said book in the library')


except Error as e:
print(e)

finally:
cursor.close()
conn.close()

def main():
title = input("Enter book title: ")
search(title)

if __name__ == '__main__':
main()

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire