lundi 28 novembre 2016

What is wrong with my javascript functions logic? [duplicate]

This question already has an answer here:

I'm having a problem with my Javascript function, I'm not understanding something, just looking for some clarity.

I have a function:

function Test (array) {
    if (array === []) {
        return "the array is empty";
    } else {
    return array;
}

When I pass this function an empty array, it returns the empty array, completely skipping the first part of my if statement (this is the part I'm not understanding, why is it skipping that part? My understanding is that it would return my string statement at that point since the array I pass it, is in fact empty. If I remove the else statement, it returns "undefined".

NOTE! : I am aware that the solution to this problem is to set my "if" statement to compare the length of the array I pass it.

ex:

function Test (array) {
    if (array.length === 0) {
        return "the array is empty";
    } else {
    return array;
}

I'm just still not understanding why the first one doesn't work, and would really appreciate an explanation.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire