dimanche 30 avril 2017

When using an if else statement, program goes straight to else

So after not coding in C for a while I wanted to make a simple test program where I would ask whether I liked a certain theme or not in Sublime Text

Here is the Code:

#include <stdio.h>

int main ( void )  {
    char A [ 2 ];
    printf ( "Do you like this theme? Answer Y or N: " );
    scanf ( "%d", A );

    if ( A == "Y" ) {
        printf ( "Good.\n" );
    } else {
        printf ( "Why not?\n" );
    }

    return 0;
}

I write an if else statement in which I tell the program if the input is "Y" then print Good. Makes sense right, well every time I run the program it goes straight to the else statement which asks Why not?

Here is the output:

C:\Users\           \Desktop>a
Do you like this theme? Answer Y or N: Y
Why not?

C:\Users\           \Desktop>

Not sure what the issue is been looking for a way to fix it for a while not but nothings seems to work. Any help would be great. And if you know a place to learn C, rather than reading a book, that would be really helpful as well.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire