dimanche 28 octobre 2018

If Statement Not Executing First Print Command, Fibonacci Assignment

I'm a complete newbie to Python, but trying to write a simple program here and cannot figure out why my first "if" statement is not executing (from what I can tell).

I have the following:

fibo=[1,1]

num = int(input('Length of Fibonacci Sequence:'))
iterate = num - 2

for i in range (iterate):
    if num < 2 :
        print ('Length must be > 2')

    else:
        fibo.append(fibo[-1]+fibo[-2])

print ('The Fibonacci Sequence for the first', num, 'integers is:')
print (fibo)

It works exactly like I would hope for any input above 2. If I enter anything below 2, I would expect it to print "Length must be >2" but instead get no output at all.

I would appreciate any help! Thank you!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire