vendredi 31 juillet 2015

Multiple conditions using for loop

I'm beginning programming with codecademy and I tried to write a "search for word" program, but I don't know how to write a condition in "if" using a "for" loop to check all the letters in a search word, no matter the length. I know the for loop gives me "true" or "false", but I would like it to generate as many "text[j]===myWord[j-i]" conditions to my code as there are letters. Is there something wrong with my syntax or should I use other command that I don't know of?

var text = "Within the field of literary criticism, text also refers to the original information content of a particular piece of writing; that is, the text of a work is that primal symbolic arrangement of letters as originally composed, apart from later alterations, deterioration, commentary, translations, paratext, etc. Therefore, when literary criticism is concerned with the determination of a text, it is concerned with the distinguishing of the original information content from whatever has been added to or subtracted from that content as it appears in a given textual document (that is, a physical representation of text).";

var myWord = "literary";
var hits = [];

for (var i=0; i < text.length; i++) {
    if (for (var j=i; j<(i + myWord.length); j++){
            text[j]===myWord[j-i]
        })
        hits.push(text[i])
    }
}

if (hits.length === 0) {
        console.log("Your name wasn't found!");
}
else {
        console.log(hits);
}

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire