jeudi 29 octobre 2015

Conditional statement issue [duplicate]

This question already has an answer here:

Hello stackoverflow community!

I'm having an issue trying to figure out why my do while loop continues to loop even when I am entering the correct condition to break it?

For an example when entering "rock" it still asks me to enter in a valid choice...

Here is my code:

  boolean isRight = false;

  System.out.println( "Enter Your Name");
            Scanner sc = new Scanner(System.in);
            String playerName = sc.nextLine();

          String UserChoice;

            do{
                System.out.println("Enter in rock, paper or scissors:");
                 Scanner user = new Scanner(System.in);
             UserChoice = user.nextLine();


                if( UserChoice != "rock" || UserChoice != "paper" || UserChoice != "scissors"){
                    System.out.println("You must enter either rock, paper or scissors. Try again: ");

                }else{
                 isRight = true;
                }

            }while(isRight==false);

I would really appreciate the help!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire