mardi 29 décembre 2015

stopping a nested javascript function running more than once

I'm trying to get a javascript function to run only once. I've seen this question has been asked before, e.g. Function in javascript that can be called only once, but I can't get the solutions in here to work. I'm not sure if it's because I've got nested functions, or whether there's something I'm missing. Essentially, I'm trying to run a function which, when a webpage is scrolled, it: - runs a little animation on a canvas in the header - reduces the size of the header - leaves it at that

But when there is any subsequent scrolling, the animation keeps re-running. Here's a summarised version of the non-working code:

$(document).on("scroll",function(){

    var arrange_title = function(){

        //some code 
    };

    if($(document).scrollTop()>0){ 
        arrange_title();
        arrange_title = function(){};
        setTimeout(function(){
            $("header").removeClass("large").addClass("small");
        },1000);
    }
});

I've also tried declaring a global variable, setting it to "false" in a "window.onload" function, then set it to true in an if function that runs the animation (the if function running only if the variable is false), but that doesn't stop it either. Thoughts?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire