lundi 27 juin 2016

Break from an if statement into the else section

I have an if/else statement.

if (something) {
    //run if logic
} else {
    //run else logic
}

During my if logic phase, I may find something that makes me want to run the else portion of my if/else statement instead. The logic phase is too complex to just fit in the initial conditional, something.

Is there anything like break; that can be used to jump to the else portion of an if/else statement.

I'm currently doing this, but I dislike using goto

if (something) {
    //run if logic
    if (somethingComplex) {
        goto elseSomething;
    }
} else {
    elseSomething:
    //run else logic
}

Note again that somethingElseComplex is a boolean state achieved by running some complex code too big/multi-lined to fit in my initial if conditional, otherwise I would have just done: if (something && somethingComplex), and if I calculate somethingComplex before the first conditional is called I can get false-positive results. on !something values

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire