mardi 28 février 2017

Python "In" Comparison with *$("!£*!'. characters

Seems while learning as I'm going with Python that I'm running into every little roadblock I can.

Even though this is a simply "if" I can't seem to get it to work, and i was wondering if its because my input (pgName) has full stops within the string. e.g com.android.driver.software.

In my example scenario, I will enter com.android.driver.software, what is listed within the Dict.value is com.android.driver.software.7 I thought using the comparison "in" would work in this instance, but it doesn't seem to be handling the logic at all.. What am i doing wrong?

pgName = raw_input("Please enter a package name e.g com.android.driver.software: ")

#while loop that checks user input from pgName to see if it matches any device
#listed in the JSON output and if so printing all the entires for that value.
while True:
    try:
        jdata = data["result"]["items"][y]["tagValues"]["IdDevicesMap"]["value"]
        for device in jdata.values():
            if pgName in device:
                print jdata[device]
                print " "
            else:
                print 'false'

When i run it everything is false.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire