jeudi 12 décembre 2019

How do I use a letter or word instead of a number for an if condition?

I am totally new to Java. I was wondering how to use a word instead of a number in an if condition. So here's the whole code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <body>
    <p>Click the button.</p>

    <button onclick="nextFunction()">Run Next Function</button>

  <script>

    //Next Function
    function nextFunction() {

      var inputA = prompt("Hello, would you like to begin?", "Y/N"); 

      if (inputA == Y) {
        var inputB = prompt("Good!", "Y/N");
      }

      if (inputA == N) {
        alert("Okay, bye then..."); 
      }

    } //End of Next Function

  </script>

</body>
</html>

So I have a prompt that pops up for the user to enter in an answer. In the text box it asks Y/N, and in ifs I have inputA == Y or N. It works perfect if I change Y to 1 and N to 0 but I want it to work with the letters, and I might use full words later on. How can I get the ifs to read the words? Thanks!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire