jeudi 12 décembre 2019

I'm following an on-line Java tutorial and I don't know why it runs for the teacher but not for me [closed]

package ifstatements;

public class IfStatements {
    public static void main(String[] args) {

        System.out.println(max(3, 40, 5));
    }

    public tatic int max(int num1, int num2, int num3) {
        if(num1 >= num2 && num1 >= num3){
            return num1;
        }else if (num2 >= num1 && num2 >= num3){
            return num2;
        }else{
            return num3;
        }
    }
}

The compiler keeps telling me that the line:

public tatic int max(int num1, int num2, int num3) {

expects an identifier, like this:

<identifier> expected

I tried restarting the code (copy and paste it onto a new project) but the same problem persists. Also the line

System.out.println(max(3, 40, 5));

gives me this error: "non-static method max(int, int, int) cannot be referenced from a static context"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire