mercredi 30 septembre 2015

How do I properly use prompts with if statements when creating a dialogue tree?

I am attempting to create a basic word game with a branching answer system. I am running into an issue right off the bat concerning prompts. When I write my 'if' statement to bring about another prompt, nothing happens. how can I fix this? The following is a sample of my work:

confirm("You wake up to your mother's voice, 'Wake up! I can't believe you slept in this late! You need to get dressed and hurry on down to Professor Oak's Lab! No time for breakfast! Get going!'");

var questionOne = prompt("1. Hurry out of bed, quickly get dressed, and run out the door! 2. Roll out of bed sleepily, manage to put on your clothes, and make a cup of coffee before leaving the house. 3. Grumble back at your mother and go back to sleep." , "Enter 1, 2, or 3.");

if (questionOne === 1)
{
  prompt("You arrive at Professor Oak's lab in a rush, but haven't quite missed the event! It's time to get your first Pokemon! When you meet the Professor he says with a wink, 'Ah yes, it's you! I remember your mother quite well. Wonder woman... Alright, follow me!' You follow Oak into his lab to find 3 Pokeballs on his desk. 'Choose one,' he says with a hand gesture. [1. Left Pokeball. 2. Middle Pokeball. 3. Right Pokeball.]");
}

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire