lundi 31 octobre 2016

How would one find and return Google sheets?

Hey guys I'm really new to sheets so thanks for the help! I'm working on some inventory data where I need to differentiate between left hand and right hand products. Basically I want to find a certain character in an cell, and if true it will return Left Handed or Right Handed or nothing if it doesn't apply. The return value would appear on a different cell. I'm trying something like this, hope it makes sense:

IF(FIND(" lh",a1)), Left Handed, "")

I want if cell has character (space)lh, true renturn Left Handed, false return blank. I had a different variation of the aforementioned formula yesterday where it worked in returning left Handed but got #Value! when " lh" was not in the name. After this hump I also need to incorporate two of statements in one formula for Right Handed and Left Handed. I hope all this makes sense, again thanks for the help. I'm in a cab right now and will provide a picture of my sheets once I get to work.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire