jeudi 27 octobre 2016

scanner doesnt work in if statement

** OK, So I'm trying to create a Russian Roulette Game. Half this code is supposed to play one way and the other another way (if that makes sense). Anyways I made them on two separate classes and then combined them. My problem is now every time I try to create an if statement to decide which way to play it doesn't work. I guess, I would just like some help or hints as to why this is. Like could someone point me in the right direction? (I deleted my attempts at the if statement, should I put them back?)

P.S I'm a noob to this stuff. I really don't understand. And I'm pretty sure my OddsEvenChoice if statement is incorrect but I'll worry about that later.**

package game;

import java.util.Scanner;

public class RouletteTester {

public static void main(String[] args) {


    Scanner scanner = new Scanner (System.in);
    int Mode;

    System.out.println("Please choose how you'd like to play.");
    System.out.println("To play by Odds & Evens, enter '1'");
    System.out.println("To play by Numbers, enter '2'");
    System.out.println("Enter game mode here: ");

    Mode = scanner.nextInt();

    System.out.println("You chose game mode " + Mode);



    Scanner in = new Scanner (System.in);
    System.out.print("Enter roulette number here: ");
    int Number = in.nextInt();

    RouletteWheel One = new RouletteWheel();

    One.spin();
    int r = One.getwinningNumber();

    System.out.println(r);

    if (r == Number)
        System.out.println("Congratulations, The" + Number + " is a winning number!");
    else                
        System.out.println("Sorry, " + Number + " is not a winning number.");

    if (r == 0)
        System.out.println("Congratulations, 0 is an automatic win!");



    Scanner inn = new Scanner (System.in);  
    System.out.println("Odds or Evens? Type '1' for odds"
            + " or '2' for evens: "); 
    int Numberr = inn.nextInt(); 

    if (Numberr == 1)
        System.out.println("You choose Odds.");
    else 
        System.out.println("You choose Evens.");


    One.spin();
    int winningNumber = One.getwinningNumber();
    boolean n = One.OddEvenChoice();
    System.out.println("The wheel landed on...");
    System.out.println(winningNumber);


    if ((n == true) && (winningNumber % 2 == 0))
        System.out.println("You Win! E");
    else if ((n == false) && (winningNumber %2 == 1))
        System.out.println("You Win! O");
    else 
        System.out.println("You Lose.");

} }

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire