mardi 26 décembre 2017

Creating Multiple If, And, Or Statements

I am trying to create a formula for tracking candidates who are clear, not clear, or pending for hire. The result is based on a combination of answers that we type in columns E and G. Here is my formula:

=IF(E3="Fail",IF(G3="Fail","Not Clear"),IF(E3="Clear",IF(G3="Neg","Completed"),IF(e3=”Pending”,If(g3=”Pending”,”Pending”),IF(e3=”Pending”,if(G3=”Neg”,”Pending”),if(e3=”Clear”,if(g3=”Pending”,”Pending”),If(e3=”Pending”,if(g3=”fail”,”Not Clear”),If(e3=”Fail”,If(G3=”Pending”,”Not Clear”),if(e3=”Fail”,If(g3=”Neg”,”Not Clear”),if(e3=”Clear”,If(g3=”Fail”,”Not Clear”,”Pending”))))))))))

I've tried a less involved formula, but it doesn't give me the correct answer for anything with "Fail" in E or G. =IF(E11="Fail",IF(G11="Fail","Not Clear"),IF(E11="Clear",IF(G11="Neg","Completed","Pending"),IF(E11="Pending",IF(G11="Pending","Pending"))))

I've tried it with the IF/OR statement, and also with the IF/And Statements, but getting error messages.

I've tried to build a Matching table on a separate tab called "lookup" to do a match lookup, but I'm not that experienced with that formula.

Any help is appreciated as I am trying to streamline as well as improve upon our current process here on our team.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire