mardi 29 octobre 2019

elif statement name checker

i am new to python and running into something super silly. While trying to run an elif statement i am getting some errors. not sure what is it that I am doing wrong.

if name == 'Alice':
       print('Hi Alice!)
    elif age < 12:
         print('You are not Alice, kiddo.')

When i run this in terminal I get the error.

NameError: name 'Alice' is not defined

I know that I can define name at the top on the lines

name = input('What is your name: ')

So that it will ask me for the name and it is defined as well.

But I enter the name != Alice say Alan. It throws this error

NameError: name 'age' is not defined

I want the elif clause to execute immeditely if age < 12 is True and name == 'Alice' is False. Not sure where am i going wrong.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire