lundi 24 août 2020

How can I write a loop without being redundant?

I'm new here, so I apologize for the possible mistakes in my question. I'm trying to make optional importing a module, but I'm not able to rewrite the code in an easier way (it works like this).

import sys
sys.path.append('\python_work\chemistry\import')

prompt = "Would you like to check if calculus worked as it should? (yes/no) "
if prompt == 'yes':
    import normal_termination
elif prompt == 'no':
    print(pale_green + "Skipping to the next step" + end) # pale_green + end are from a colouring module
else:
    active = True
    while active:
        message = input(prompt)

        if message == 'yes':
            active = False
            import normal_termination
        elif message == 'no':
            active == False
            print(pale_green + "Skipping to the next step" + end)
            break

I tried many different things but nothing works. What I want it to do is: Ask a simple question. If answer = yes -> import; If answer = no -> print(message); If answer != yes, answer != no, repeat the user input

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire