mardi 27 septembre 2016

if conditionals : boolean expression variables placing order

First, I just started learning java a few weeks ago, apologize for my unprofessional questions... When we're using an if-conditional, we specify the condition in a boolean expression such as following :

if(boolean expression). 

If I have two variables in a boolean expression, such as (bagWeight > WEIGHT_LIMIT), does the order of the two variables in which they appear matter? In other words, can I swap those two variables' places such as following? (WEIGHT_LIMIT < bagWeight). Notice it would still be bag weight is less than weight limit, but I just switch the order of which one appears first in the boolean expression. AND Does it depend on which one becomes a subject, like one that gets focused on and evaluated? (In this case, we're trying to figure out if the bag weight is heavier than the limit or not. So the bag weight gets evaluated according to something.. I would call it a subject.) Eclipse doesn't scream at me that it's wrong, and intuitively it makes sense, but somehow it just bothers me whether there's a more common programming practice or not. So my questions were, can I swap the two variables' places and would not matter? and does it depend on the context of which being a subject? and which is a more common programming practice? Those are really trivial... but it bothers me! help!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire