mardi 27 septembre 2016

Java error "cannot find symbol", but I can't figure out where to pass or find the variable [duplicate]

This question already has an answer here:

I am receiving an error "cannot find symbol". Here is the relevant portion of my main method, where I am receiving the error:

public static void main (String[] args) {
    printBACResults(drinksConsumed, timeElapsed, maleBAC, femaleBAC, isImpaired);
}

Here is the method where I define and use the variable:

public static void printBACResults(int drinksConsumed, int timeElapsed, double maleBAC, double femaleBAC, boolean isImpaired) {
    System.out.println();
    System.out.println();
    System.out.println();
    System.out.println("After consuming " + drinksConsumed +
                       " drinks within "
                       + timeElapsed + " hour(s):");
    System.out.printf("\tCurrent BAC for a male will be approximately: %.3f\n", maleBAC);
    System.out.printf ("\tCurrent BAC for a female will be approximately: %.3f\n", femaleBAC);

    if (maleBAC >= 0.08)
        isImpaired = true;
    else
        isImpaired = false;

    if (isImpaired)
        System.out.println("This driver is legally impaired.");
    else
        System.out.println("This driver is not legally impaired.");
}

NetBeans tells me that my variable isImpaired cannot be found, but I can't find a relevant way to declare it so that it can be read by both my main method and printBACResults method.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire