mercredi 26 septembre 2018

Are multiple 'IF Statements' correct to use?

I have a two column page design in WordPress.

I would like to display a different widget based upon the allocated WordPress category in the right hand side column using a functions command.

My question is this: is my approach the 'correct method?' I have 3 sets of arrays in an "IF Statement"

I should add that it works!

But - I want to make sure that it is correctly done:

function my_custom_sidebar_display( $sidebar ) {
    // Return a different sidebar for different categories
    if ( in_category(array('Apples','Pears','Peaches')) ) {
        return 'sidebar-fruit';
    }
    if ( in_category(array('potatoes','carrots','celery')) ) {
        return 'sidebar-vegetables';
    }
  }
    if ( in_category(array('monkeys','rhino','cheetah')) ) {
        return 'sidebar-animals';
    }
    // Return theme defined sidebar area
    else {
        return $sidebar;
    }
}
add_filter( 'ocean_get_sidebar', 'my_custom_sidebar_display' );

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire