mercredi 28 août 2019

If statements with multiple variables

I'm trying to use if statement with multiple comparison operations but the day variable isn't working in my if statements.

Here's my code:

int day;
string rain;

cout << "What day of the week is it?" << endl;
cin >> day;

while (0 < day < 8)
{
    cout << "Is it raining? Please type 'yes' or 'no' " << endl;
    cin >> rain;

    if ((0 < day < 3) && (rain == "yes"))
    cout << "Read in bed" << endl;

    else if ((0 < day < 3) && (rain == "no"))
        cout << "Go out and play!" << endl;

    else if ((2 < day < 8) && (rain == "yes"))
        cout << "Take an umbrella!" << endl;
    else
        cout << "No umberella needed" << endl;

    cout << "What day of the week is it?" << endl;
    cin >> day;
}

cout << "Invalid day sorry" << endl;

Getting Read in bed or go out and play, but never Take an umbrella.

My code also works if I put day = 9.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire