vendredi 27 juillet 2018

Barcode scanner app parses barcode string to URL

I'm trying to build an app for learning purposes. It's a simple QR code and Barcode scanner app with a two flows:

  1. If the pattern of the scan is an URL open the browser
  2. If the pattern is not an URL open the browser with google.com/+string from the scan.

I have achieved goal number one with the if statement

public void handleResult(Result result) {
    final String myResult = result.getText();
    Log.d("QRCodeScanner", result.getText());
    Log.d("QRCodeScanner", result.getBarcodeFormat().toString());

    if(Patterns.WEB_URL.matcher(result.getText()).matches()) {
        //  Open URL
        Intent browserIntent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW, Uri.parse(result.getText()));
        startActivity(browserIntent);
    }
}

My challenge is now with goal number to which I just can't get to compile. I was thinking using an else statement and parse Uri with something like google.com + the string. The expected result is that if the scanner returns and value which is not a URL pattern open the browser go to google and search with the return value.

I hope I make myself clear. Pretty much a newbie here - trying to learn terminology and way to communicate.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire