mardi 31 juillet 2018

Why is an if statement working but not a switch statement

Title is terrible, but I wasn't too sure what to put.

I'm trying to create Switch Statement using the char index of a string and an Enum using this wrapper to get the value of the selected enum from a Description, it pretty much allows you to store a string to an enum value.

Here is my if statement

if (msgComingFromFoo[1] == Convert.ToChar(Message.Code.FOO_TRIGGER_SIGNAL.EnumDescriptionToString()))
{
    //foo
}

and here is my Switch statement

switch (msgComingFromFoo[1])
{
    case Convert.ToChar(Message.Code.FOO_TRIGGER_SIGNAL.EnumDescriptionToString()):
        break;
}

Why is it accepting the if statement and not the switch statement?

I tried converting it to a char since I'm selected an index from a string, but unfortunately i didn't work.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire