samedi 28 juillet 2018

If/else statement in jQuery not working

I'm working on a wordpress website where I'm trying to create a table with real-time cryptocurrency prices and price changes. I am using the coinmarketcap v2 api (https://coinmarketcap.com/api/) to fetch the real time values. Im using a Wordpress plugin (shortcoder) that I can use to shortcode pieces of script.

What I want to do is to style the 24h change percentage value based on whether its value is negative or positive. I have tried both ways of styling seperately and they work.

However, what I cant get to work is the if/else statement in the jQuery to determine whether the 24h change percentage is negative. The jquery script I've tried to create is:

(function($){
$.getJSON('https://api.coinmarketcap.com/v2/ticker/1/', function( data ){
    if(data['data']['quotes']['USD']['percent_change_24h']>=0){
        $('#btc_24h').html('<span style="color:green;"> '+data['data']['quotes']['USD']['percent_change_24h']+'%</span>');    
    }else{
        $('#btc_24h').html('<span style="color:red;"> '+data['data']['quotes']['USD']['percent_change_24h']+'%</span>');
});

Unfortunately I am not that much of a jQuery hero and I've been trying to figure the problem out all morning. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?...

When I delete the if/else statement and just try both types of styling seperately they both work fine...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire